- "Medievalists as Early Adopters of Information Technology." Introduction to "Selected Proceedings of the "Third International MARGOT Conference, The Digital Middle Ages: Teaching and Research." Digital Medievalist 2011 (forthcoming).
- "Collaborative Research: an interview." Collaborative Research in the Digital Humanities. Edited by Marilyn Deegan and Willard McCarty. Ashgate: London, forthcoming.
- "Computational work with very large text collections: Interoperability, Sustainability, and the TEI." Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, Issue 1, June 2011. Selected Papers from the 2008 and 2009 TEI Conferences.
- "Challenges in Educating 21st-Century Information Professionals," Document, Information & Knowledge / Tu Shu Qing Bao Zhi Shi. Wuhan University, 2011.
- University 2.0," in Richard N. Katz, ed., The Tower and The Cloud. EDUCAUSE, 2008.
- "Beyond the ACLS Report: An Interview with John Unsworth," with Kevin Guthrie. Academic Commons, December 2007 (Special Cyberinfrastructure Issue).
- Our Cultural Commonwealth: The report of the American Council of Learned Societies Commission on Cyberinfrastructure for the Humanities and Social Sciences, John Unsworth (Commission Chair), with commission members and Marlo Welshons (editor). ACLS: New York, 2006.
- Electronic Textual Editing, co-edited with Lou Burnard and Katherine O'Brien O'Keeffe. New York: Modern Language Association, 2006. Supported by the Modern Language Association's Committee on Scholarly Editions and the Text Encoding Initiative Consortium, funded by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. An uncorrected full-text preview version is available free from the TEI website.
- A Companion to Digital Humanities, co-edited with Susan Schreibman and Ray Siemens. New York: Blackwells, 2004. A free full-text version is also available online from the ADHO web site.
- "The Next Wave: Liberation Technology," from The Chronicle of Higher Education's Chronicle Review, January 30, 2004.
- "Let's Read Across Boundaries." Library Journal vol. 128, no. 15 (September 15, 2003), 38.
- "The Crisis in Scholarly Publishing in the Humanities," ARL: A Bimonthly Report on Research Library Issues and Actions from ARL, CNI, and SPARC. June 2003. 1-4.
- "What is Humanities Computing, and What is Not?" in Jahrbuch für Computerphilologie 4, Georg Braungart, Karl Eibl & Fotis Jannidis, eds. Paderborn: mentis 2002.
- "Launching a scholarly electronic imprint," Logos 13.1 (2002): 43-48.
- "The Importance of Failure," in The Journal of Electronic Publishing, 3.2 (December, 1997).
- "Networked Scholarship: The Effects of Advanced Technology on Research in the Humanities," in Gateways to Knowledge, ed. Larry Dowler. MIT Press, 1997.
- "Electronic Scholarship" in The Literary Text in the Digital Age, ed. Richard Finneran. University of Michigan Press, 1996.
- "Living Inside the (Operating) System," in Computer Networking and Scholarship in the 21st-Century University, ed. Teresa Harrison and Timothy D. Stephen. SUNY Press, 1996.
- Essays in Postmodern Culture. Ed. Eyal Amiran and John Unsworth. New York: Oxford UP, 1993.
- "William Gass's The Tunnel: The Work-in-Progress as Post-Modern Genre." Arizona Quarterly 48.1 (Spring, 1992): 63-85.
- "Networked Academic Publishing and the Rhetorics of its Reception. With Eyal Amiran and Carole Chaski. Centennial Review 36.1 (Winter, 1992): 43-58.
- "The Book Market II." In The Columbia History of the American Novel. Ed. Emory Elliot. New York: Columbia UP, 1991.
- "Refereed Electronic Journals and the Future of Scholarly Publishing." With Elaine Orr and Eyal Amiran. In Advances in Library Automation and Networking. Ed. Joe Hewitt. Vol. 4. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press Inc., 1991.
- "Practicing Post-Modernism: The Example of John Hawkes." Contemporary Literature 32.1 (Spring 1991): 38-57.
- "Postmodern Culture: Publishing in the Electronic Medium." With Eyal Amiran. The Public-Access Computer Systems Review 2.1 (1991): 67-76.
- "Orchestrating Reception: The Hierarchy of Readers in Post-Modern American Fiction." Centennial Review 34.3 (Summer 1990): 413-432.
- "Carlos Baker." The Dictionary of Literary Biography. Ed. Steven Serafin. Vol. 103. American Literary Biographers, First Series. Detroit: Gale Research, 1991. 21-30.
- "Tom Jones:
The Comedy of Knowledge." Modern Language Quarterly 48.3 (September 1987): 242-253.
Document URL: http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/publications.html
Last Modified: Thursday, 02-Sep-2004 15:39:11 CDT